Okay, after the day off yesterday from blogging (I DID have to drive to the Texas state line to see Steely Dan play at Winstar Casino last night, so that's my excuse), I am back for Day 2 of the Blog Challenge.
Today's task is to name something I'd like to do before I die.
My answer: Step foot on all 7 continents!
Here is where I have been:
1. North America (duh). This is where I call home!
2. Africa. In 2004, Ryan and I got to visit South Africa for the launch of a new motorcycle (one of the major perks of running the dealership, for sure!)
3. Europe. Been a few times to a few different places, most recently in 2007 to Milan for the EICMA show (another motorcycle event) and a little vacation in Bologna.
4. Asia. Ryan had already been to this continent (Russia), so I caught back up - ha! We went to Vietnam and Japan in March 2011 - it was awesome (and sweltering)!
Those are my have-dones.
Now for the to-do list:
1. South America. I've planned (in my head) many trips to South America, but I think it will come true in 2014. My kooky husband wants to go to the World Cup in Brazil - and I am ALL about it! But someday, I also hope to see Machu Picchu and the Galapagos (in one trip - that's totally doable!)
2. Australia. Hopefully we can see the land down under by cruise ship, because I am DYING to see the South Pacific - Vanuatu, New Caledonia, Fiji, Samoa, etc. and there are many decently affordable cruises leaving from Sydney going to these destinations.
And last, but not least...ANTARCTICA! I am just SO pumped to visit someday. Just to say I've been. For no other reason. Except maybe to visit the penguins. And because you board your ship to get to Antarctica from South America. So it's like a two-in-one!
That's my life's goal. Fingers crossed I get to them all!!